Why Choose GCC?
The Bridge to Your Future Begins Here
Founded in 1927, GCC is a fully-accredited, esteemed CA Community College with a picturesque 100-acre campus in the San Rafael Mountains. Boasting 25+ modern buildings, including labs and a library, our faculty brings real-world expertise to small classes.
Affordable Tuition, as international students enjoy low tuition, averaging under $8,500 yearly compared to $48,000 for nonresidents in the UC system.
GCC prioritizes career opportunities with on-campus jobs from the first semester and Optional Practical Training (OPT) post-graduation. Career Services supports professional growth through workshops, mock interviews, and Team Internship experiences.
"2+2" transfer agreements facilitate a seamless transition to four-year universities, with many partnerships, including CSUs and UCs. Associate Degrees for Transfer (AAT/AST) offer special admission perks to CSUs, and the Transfer Center guides students to successful transfers, contributing to one of the highest transfer rates in the California community college system.
Located in the safe suburban community of Glendale, just a short drive from Downtown LA, GCC offers a secure and vibrant environment, close to diverse shopping and entertainment options.
Science and Math programs at Glendale College offers:
- Transfer programs in all the major fields of science, mathematics, and engineering
- Transfer agreements with all the UCs and CSUs, and with USC, as well as with most other private colleges and universities in the region
- A large Scholars program with a prestigious Science Academy for transfer students in science and math
- An internship program for its engineering students
- Small-group collaborative learning workshops in many of its classes
- Educational and career pathway as an engineer, a scientist, a health professional or a science or math teacher
- Transfers more biology majors per capita to UCLA than any other college in the greater Los Angeles area
- Is unique among colleges in operating a field station in Baja California for the study of marine biology on the pristine and biologically diverse Sea of Cortez
- Has the most advanced college digital-planetarium in the world, which presents planetarium shows to thousands of K-12 students each year
- Has placed more students in the prestigious NASA/JPL SIRI internship program than all other community colleges combined
- Has one of the largest collaborative learning programs in the state
The Biotechnology Certificate of Achievement Program is the first that introduces students to the field of biotechnology through building and strengthening the basic biotechnology laboratory skills and soft skills that meet industry standards in a series of courses. This program prepares students with the basic skills for entry level positions in biotechnology, such as manufacturing technician, in addition to providing them with the basic foundation in microbiology, molecular and cell biology laboratory skills for undergraduate research at four-year colleges.
Program Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this certificate program, students will be qualified for a manufacturing technician job, and will have mastery of basic biotechnology laboratory skills and work readiness skills.
Glendale Community College students can get guaranteed admission to a variety of UC, CSU, and private and out-of-state colleges/universities through various transfer admission guarantee programs.
UC Transfer Admission Guarantee
Six UC campuses offer guaranteed admission to California Community College students who meet specific requirements (UC Davis, UC Irvine, UC Merced, UC Riverside, UC Santa Barbara, and UC Santa Cruz).
Associate Degrees for Transfer to CSUs
Glendale Community College currently offers 28 Associate Degrees for Transfer to the California State University (CSU). These include Associate in Arts (AA-T) and Associate in Science (AS-T) degrees. These degrees are designed to provide a clear pathway to a CSU major and a bachelor's degree.
California community college students who are awarded an AA-T or AS-T degree are guaranteed admission with junior standing to one of the CSUs. Students are also given priority admission consideration to their local CSU campus or to a program that is "deemed similar" to their community college major.